When I was figuring out what I needed to get for my first and only child at the moment, I watched numerous baby essential videos and read numerous blogs.
There are so many products out there, and it is overwhelming figuring out what items to get and what is necessary. I try not to overbuy and fill my house with clutter.
You can say I’m a minimalist at heart.
I compiled a list of our favorite products we’ve used during my son’s first three months to try to help some expecting parents out there. I’ve only included things we use (or used) on a regular basis and felt were worth the money spent.
This partial list I created doesn’t include any clothing, nursery room items, linens, or related items.
Remember that every baby is different and will have unique preferences. Every family has different priorities and lifestyles.
Do what’s best for you and your family!
- Nursing pillow – My Brest Friend
- Breast Pump – Spectra S2 (if you plan to bottle feed)
- Milk Storage Bags – Lansinoh Milk Storage Bags (if you plan to bottle feed)
- Bottles – Avent Natural Baby Bottles (Noah’s favorite)
- Diapers – We have tried a lot of brands. I lean toward the Honest and Seventh Generation.
- Wipes – Water Wipes (these are great but leave the skin very wet; we always wipe him with a small towel before putting on his diaper)
- Diaper bag – Skip Hop Duo Diaper Backpack.
- Dirty Diaper baggies – Munchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser (lifesavers when you are out)
- Soiled clothes bag – Skip Hop Grab & Go Wet/Dry Bag (we use this when we go swimming)
- Diaper pail – Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail (love this because you can use your own bags and keeps all the smells in)
- Changing Mat – Munchin Secure Grip Waterproof Diaper Changing Pad (must get the wipeable changing pad covers from Target; we won’t use anything else)
- Diaper Caddy – Trend Lab Diaper Storage Caddy
- Bassinet – Halo Bassinest
- Halo SleepSack (Noah did not want to be swaddled)
- Night Light – VAVA Home Night Light (perfect for night feedings)
For Bath Time
- Bath Tub – Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub
- Baby Shampoo/Soap – find one that you like!
Essential Baby Gear
- Baby Lounger – Organic Newborn Lounger (this is probably my #1 must-have!)
- Swing – Graco Simple Sway Abbington Baby Swing
- Activity Mat – Baby Einstein Patch’s 5-in-1 Activity Play Gym & Ball Pit
- Baby Monitor – Eufy Baby Monitor
- Car Mirror – Britax Back Seat Mirror
- Car seat and stroller – FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Travel System (the stroller is big, but it’s easy to maneuver and great for running when baby gets older)
- Wrap – Ergobaby Aura Baby Wrap (we need both hands sometimes)
I hope this list was helpful!
I’ve already found out that not all babies will like everything you think they will like and try different things. Enjoy your little bundle of joy and all of the different stages!
AND If you are expecting, congrats! Enjoy this time and savor every minute of it!